February 4, 2005

Vacant Wal-Mart Store Split 60-40

There are only so many big-box retailers, so without changing zoning rules, it is sometimes difficult to find a replacement occupant of a vacant store. Enter Tractor Supply Store and Dollar General Market:

According to Tom Lawrence, a corporate spokesperson TSC, the doors of the store will be opening around the end of April. "The official opening will be held in early May," Lawrence stated. The store will employ 12 to 17 employees. TSC will occupy approximately 25,000 sq. ft of the building or about 40 percent....

"The company focuses on lifestyle and the need of ranchers and farmers as well as tradesmen," the spokesperson explained. He noted that they would have fenced areas out front of the store where fencing, sprayers and other such items will be located...

"This is exciting for our county," County Mayor Monty Adams stated. "I think this will be a wonderful addition to our county." The county mayor noted that he looked forward to working with TSC....

While TSC has leased 40 percent of the building the other 60 percent has been leased by Dollar General Market.

Posted by Kevin on February, 4 2005 at 11:08 AM